- I have been claimed by God's purposes for His kingdom.
- I must be still, and know that God is GOD.
- I must pray the Scriptures in a gospel-centered way, abiding continually in Christ, with
- my mind informed by the will of God
- my heart enflamed with the love of God
- my hands extended in the service of God
I must have the Scriptures read me,
- exposing my sin
- revealing my Saviour
- making me hunger and thirst for more of the gospel.
I must look for Jesus in every passage, praying the promises (NOT name it and claim it) with my eyes fixed on Jesus and His purposes. This is not to be a self-centered exercise, looking for ways God will bless me and give me goodies. Rather it is to be God-centered, looking for ways God will work for His own glory and the good of all of His people.
The central question in my mind as I read the Word of God is not to be "What can I do for Jesus?", but rather "What can I do with Jesus?" I am in Him. My body is a living sacrifice, given to my Master to be used for His good purposes.
- Jesus is our Prophet - Listen to Him! He is Truth.
- Jesus is our Priest - Adore Him! Thank Him! He is our Righteousness.
- Jesus is our King - Obey Him.