Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Overheard in an Orchard

I am organizing our Great Room - the room where we study, do crafts, create and learn.  I found a collection of old cards that I inherited from various aunts.  This card is particularly meaningful to me today.

Said the Robin to the Sparrow,
"I should really like to know
Why these anxious human beings
Rush about and worry so."


Said the Sparrow to the Robin,
"Friend, I think that it must be
That they have no Heavenly Father
Such as cares for you and me."


~Elizabeth Cheney



"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? (Matthew 6:26)."


Elisabeth Elliot is worth reading on this subject:  His Eye is on the Sparrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember that you will give an account for every word. Respond with wisdom and grace, please.