Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Abiding in Christ - Day 12 - God Will Establish You


And it is God who establishes us with you in Christ, and has anointed us,
(2 Corinthians 1:21 ESV)

Noah Webster's 1828 Dictionary explains the word "establish".


ESTAB'LISH, v.t. [L. stabilio; Heb. to set, fix, establish.]
1. To set and fix firmly or unalterably; to settle permanently.
I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant. Gen.17.
2. To found permanently; to erect and fix or settle; as, to establish a colony or an empire.
3. To enact or decree by authority and for permanence; to ordain; to appoint; as, to establish laws, regulations, institutions, rules, ordinances, &c.
4. To settle or fix; to confirm; as, to establish a person, society or corporation, in possessions or privileges.
5. To make firm; to confirm; to ratify what has been previously set or made.
Do we then make void the law through faith?
God forbid; yea, we establish the law. Rom.3.

6. To settle or fix what is wavering, doubtful or weak; to confirm.
So were the churches established in the faith. Acts.16.
To the end he may establish your hearts unblamable in holiness. l Thess.3.
7. To confirm; to fulfill; to make good. Establish thy word to thy servant. Ps.119.
8. To set up in the place of another and confirm.
Who go about to establish their own righteousness. Rom.10.

It is God alone who can establish us in Christ Jesus. We must cease from striving to establish the connection with God more firmly, and allow God to do it!

God is faithful, by Whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.~1 Corinthians 1:9

Scripture teaches us that in all God's leanings with His people, FAITH is the one condition for seeing His glorious power work in our lives.
"Faith is the ceasing from all our natural efforts and all other dependence; faith is confessed helplessness casting itself upon God's promise and claiming its fulfillment; faith is putting ourselves quietly into God's hands for Him to do His work." ~Andrew Murray, Abiding in Christ, Chapter 12
Do you have faith?

Faith ceases its own efforts and trusts.
Faith confesses helplessness and rests.
Faith puts itself into God's hands, and sees Him work.

As surely as I am in Christ, I will also, day by day, be ESTABLISHED (confirmed, settled, fixed) in Him!

God is my Good Teacher





He plans my course of study with His infinite wisdom.  He delights to have me come each day to Him for the lessons He has to give.  So, every morning, I go to my Master Teacher, surrendering to His plan for my day.  What lessons would He have me learn this day?  Will I be in the school of hardship, partaking in the sufferings of my Lord?  Will I be in the school of patience, learning to bear with others in love?  Will I be in the school of joy, transported with delight to the highest heaven to worship my God and my King?  Whatever lessons He has planned for me are perfect.  He knows His disciple - even the thoughts and intents of my heart.

I am in Christ, kept there by His power, established for His glory!  Praise God!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember that you will give an account for every word. Respond with wisdom and grace, please.