Monica asked us to brainstorm and make a list of ways to change. If you have a habit you want to get rid of, or if you want to establish a new, good habit, what do you do?
Here's my list: (in no particular order)
- Read the Bible.
- Ask God to give you Sight of Sin. Do you really understand your behaviour?
- Assess yourself. Understand the Problem. Understand the root.
- Prayer and more prayer.
- Practice a new, better habit. Put off the sin, put on the new habit.
- Mentoring. Teach others the things you've learned.
- Listen to the Holy Spirit as He leads and guides, most often through the Word.
- Give your testimony.
- Health issues cause change.
- Circumstances can lead to change.
- Family or church life can be a positive (or negative) influence.
We looked at assumptions and deficits in the garden of Eden. Adam and Eve lacked God-Awareness and Self-Awareness. Had they had full knowledge of who God was, and had they completely understood themselves, they would not have made the choices they made.
Next: The Freedom that comes from being Fully Known and Fully Loved.