Monday, December 7, 2009

Colossal Frauds

John MacArthur has written a hard-hitting post that exposes the "health and prosperity" TV 'preachers' for who they really are. He writes,

Someone needs to say this plainly: The faith healers and health-and-wealth preachers who dominate religious television are shameless frauds.

I like people who tell it like it is. John MacArthur isn't afraid to say that these people who prattle on and on, duping vulnerable ones out of their money by promising to get rid of their cancer, to heal up those cavities, or to get rid of their diabetes (if they just send a little cash in the envelope provided) are outright charlatans.

Stacy from Louisville has a quote that I love on her blog:
I'm a committed follower of Jesus Christ who is "...unable to commit to any messiah who doesn't knock over tables." - Garret Keizer

If Jesus sat for a minute (as I did early one morning recently) and listened to Benny Hinn 'praying' with his eyes opened, putting on a show for those watching, he'd not only knock over tables... I think He'd knock over Benny. I know I wanted to knock him upside the head and ask him, "What were you thinkin'?"

Obviously, he wasn't.

Because, it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. We are HIS treasured possessions, and He doesn't take kindly to anyone who touches one of His anointed.

I'm cheering Pastor John MacArthur on. Praise God for men who tell the truth!

picture

3 comments:

  1. That's what bugs me about the "Christian" channel... it seems like it's mostly - if not all - that kind of "preaching". :/

    Which is annoying... because we'd totally watch it if it was any good. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I never watched the "Christian" channel. I get more Biblical teaching from Much Music. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. With everything. And, I love that quote from Stacy. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete

Remember that you will give an account for every word. Respond with wisdom and grace, please.